Run Fatboy, Run.

Chester: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2406336360

It's that horrible time between Christmas and New Year. That epoch of cheese and wine and chocolate and everlasting Sundays. Where nobody knows what day it is and, quite frankly, we're all too fat to care.

I have fully immersed myself in the festive spirit (and spirits). I feel like a blimp on legs and I have to run today.  In the main, because tonight is Hogmanay and I'm having my last night of proper excess before the marathon.

Last year I stopped drinking for 5 months. It was really hard, up until the point that it wasn't. Can't even remember when that was, but it was the best decision I've ever made to improve my own mental health.

By the grace of all that's holy (and the lets just take a minute to count the blessings of incredibly well made kit by Brooks) I mould myself into my kit and I get outside.

I'm running along the cycleway in Chester - it's pretty flat...ish - and it's a nice route. My plan was to do 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. Still not entirely sure how I managed to cock that up, but never mind.

My right ankle started to twinge somewhere around Mile 1, but I kept going. By the time I got back to the house, I was in pain. This was sadly very familiar.  I am so injury/niggle prone.

Finished off with stretching and some yoga.

Here's hoping that the ankle doesn't impede my dancing ability tonight. That would be awful.

Gx





P.S. How ace are my Brooks running tights? Wont lose me in a snowdrift, eh? :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper