The Fear

According to my Garmin Connect account, I haven't run at all since 2nd October 2016. 

That day I ran 5 miles to and from the gym at Ainslie Park. I still remember it as being the single most miserable experience of my exercising life. 

So much so, that I gave my Garmin away. Never wanted to see it ever again. 

At the start of 2017, I started weight lifting and boxing and Muay Thai and it was bloody brilliant. I found a strength that I didn't know I had. Feeling strong is literally the best feeling ever, closely followed by how good it feels to be told by your instructor knee him in the stomach as hard as you can.  

Fast forward less than a year and I'm going to give all that up (because I'm pretty injury prone at the best of times) and start running again.

Tomorrow,  I'm going for my first run in over a year. I'm not sure my legs work in that way anymore. 

I'm pretty nervous, tbh, which is daft as I'm not going far, but I've still got that feeling of butterflies/vomit death.

Gx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper