Long Run (slightly earlier than billed)

90-100 Minutes - 15.68 km 

Soundtrack: "Homo Deus" by Yuval Noah Harari

So I'm in Chester this weekend and my train back up to Edinburgh on Sunday is 14.30. 

Sunday is normally "long run day" but there's no way that's going to work, so after a great deal of psyching myself up, I get my trainers on and head off down the cycle network. 


I'm meant to run between 90 - 100 minutes today.  As always I try and go for the upper limit.

I go 5 miles to the west, which means I almost reach Connah's Quay. The run is split pretty much 50/50 between England and Wales.

I meet a couple of cyclists and several very lovely dogs. Whilst the photos look pretty grey, it was a great day for a long run (albeit really warm). I only saw one other runner the whole time, which I did find strange.

Although I did get to run with a squirrel for a while, which was cool - almost 99% convinced it wasn't a hallucination too.




I had a real fight with myself at the end: 100 minutes vs the fact I was very close to hitting the 10 mile marker. However I erred on the side of what my training plan said.  Not going to lie, I'm annoyed that I did. 

Anyway - LONGEST RUN EVER, EVER is done. Till next week anyway. Look at how happy I am that I don't have to run anymore today :)


As a real treat, it was off to Artichoke for dinner. The food is always amazing, but today I had vine leaves stuffed with puy lentils and beetroot, with cauliflower, butternut squash and a balsamic reduction. Not only was it the best vegan meal I've had, it was one of the best meals I've ever had, full stop.


Here's to next week.

Gxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper