LONG RUN SUNDAY "FUN"DAY

75 minutes: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2419577078




So, my training program tells me that today is the day for my long run: 75 interminable minutes where I am to jog/walk/run "easy". I would counter that no part of jogging or running is ever "easy" but never mind.

After a hell of a lot of personal cheerleading, I kitted up and got outside. The weather was glorious. So crisp and clear, with the lightest of breezes.

I decided, for what I think was the first time ever, to not put pressure on myself on how I ran, and just go out there and run.  No expectations, other than to try and enjoy it as much as possible.

I did not enjoy it. But I did it and it was the first time I've run for 75 minutes non-stop in years. It wasn't fast, but it was consistent and I didn't have to walk at any point.

When I stopped, there was steam coming off me, so I know I put the effort in.

However, what I did forget about on a long run, is "chuff rub". As a result, I'm off to buy an industrial sized tub of Vaseline.

Gx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper