Long Run

90 Minutes

I'm not looking forward to this, I'm quite anxious, in all honesty. I've never run for 90 minutes without a break before.

I'm 10 minutes, having an argument with myself over whether or not I'd just be better to pack it all in now, when I pass the incredible ultra runner, and all round ace bloke, Robert Turner. He eats 50 mile races for breakfast.  It was at that point the voice in my head said "Suck it up. At least you're not running the same distance as him".

The other voice in my head shuts up. I keep going.

It's 10.00. It is slippy AF.  Cramond is like a ice rink. I'm expending more effort  trying to stay upright than I am putting one foot in front of the other. Maybe next time, I should plan a route that's more conducive to the weather conditions.

The run along the promenade is made much more fun by the massive number of dogs. All breeds, shapes and sizes. Never fails to put a smile on my face.


It was challenging, but I managed it. Although I think I need to start eating two hours before I run. I felt a little woozy when I finished. Will definitely try that for the long run next weekend.

My yoga teacher gave me a band to help me with my stretching post run. It's defiantly helping with the ham strings, but it's always dangerous to sit on the floor (post run) when Jack is in the house.



The run today was soundtracked by the Adam Walton show from last night. An utterly stunning selection of music. Thoroughly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper