Recovery Run




My training plan was very specific that, given I ran for my longest time ever yesterday, I'd need to stretch off my legs. 

The weird thing is my legs don't feel tired or sore. I think I made a bit of a mistake because of that and I went a little faster than I should. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've been really really careful to keep up with stretching and foam rolling. I'm not sure if that's doing anything so far, but I'm kind of scared to stop.  Urghhh. That'll be my OCD (or my "stubbornness" according my ex-husband - he's dead on) kicking in already. 

I've started reading "Eat and Run" by Scott Jurek and one of the most fascinating things I've learned so far is the difference he found in recovery when he went full vegan. It is a fascinating book, which I thoroughly recommend. 

Now, obviously, I'm not saying that the paltry miles I'm putting in are anywhere near close to what he has done. But, I do know that since I become vegan at the beginning of this training, I don't get anywhere near as bad DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) - in fact, any at all - after my weights sessions. Admittedly, I haven't been going as much, but I haven't been scrimping on the weights.

I've really enjoyed the vegan side of things, the recipes which I've found and which I've created so far are tasty, healthy and great for bulk prep - which makes lunchtimes at work a doddle!

No music, audiobooks or podcasts today. Got to do 40 minutes tomorrow, so I'll be needing them tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper